Removing the backbone is more convenient with two sharp knives – one long and one short knife.
- Cut both wing ends
- Cut the chicken along the breast
- Place the chicken on the back, cut the cavity from neck down till the end without damaging a bone
- By pressing a knife against the bone, remove meat from the ribs one by one until you get to the legs and wings
- Hold a chicken with the leg and cut along the bone, cleaning the meat around the cartilage.
- Then make a cut along a thigh and a drumstick from bone to bone and remove the bone with circular motion from bottom to the top. Repeat the same on the second leg
- Now hold a leg and cut the thigh by pressing the knife on the bone.
- Cut the tail, try to carefully and neatly clean the meat near the backbone without damaging the skin
- Turn the wing, separate bone from meat and remove the bone.